A long time experience in management of national and trans-boundary water (mainly groundwater) resources and project management.
Some of areas of expertise where experience could be shared:
- EU Water policies:
- Water Framework Directive - groundwater body and groundwater body at risk (seawater intrusion) delineation methodology in Latvia; development of joint methodology for identification and assessment of groundwater dependent terrestrial ecosystems (Latvia-Estonia)- Est-Lat GroundEco project; reporting to European Commission.
- Groundwater Directive - delineation of national natural baseline levels and threshold values.
- Nitrates Directive - spring water monitoring optimization (using nitrates and water stable isotopes); national nitrates monitoring optimization.
- Drinking Water Directive - linkages between revised DWD and WFD, new parameters monitoring (endocrine disruptions, toxins etc.)
- EU wide research:
- H2020 projects GeoERA - HOVER, TACTIC, RESOURCE - experience in groundwater vulnerability assessment to nitrates contamination and denitrification; seawater intrusion assessment using statistical tools, groundwater mapping at EU scale.
- Groundwater Drought Initiative