I am Head of Division of Biogenic Raw Materials at the Mineral and Energy Economy Research Institute, Polish Academy of Sciences. I am Researcher at AGH University of Science and Technology. I conduct research in the field of environmental management and engineering, and biotechnology.
Division of Biogenic Raw Materials specializes in the analysis and assessment of specific problems and phenomena related to the management of fertilizer raw materials, with particular emphasis on phosphorus, nitrogen and potassium. The division’s work includes development of technologies for phosphprus recovery from waste (wastewater, sewage sludhe, sewage sludge ash) and development of management strategies and recommendations (roadmaps) regarding the sustainable and circular management of fertilizer raw materials (from primary and secondary sources) with the identification of market, technological, legal, environmental and social conditions, developing strategies for preventing food waste at the stages of production and consumption.
Leader of projects, financed by H2020:
- “InPhos – sustainable management of P in Baltic region” – P strategy was developed with the support of HELCOM, approx. 500 stakeholders were educated, 6 IF publications;
- “TransDOCSUM – Transfer of EIT Raw Materials PhD Summer School – Entrepreneurship in the CE” – winter school for 30 PhD students was organised, focusing on P recovery from waste generated in sewage treatment plants, such as sewage, sewage sludge and ash.
Leader of projects, financed by NAWA:
- MonGOS – Monitoring of water and sewage management in the context of the implementation of the circular economy assumptions – CE monitoring framework for water sector was developed, 12 IF publications, workshops and conference were organised.
- “LEX4BIO – Optimising bio-based fertilisers in agriculture – Providing a knowledge basis for new policies” – collaboration with policy makers and stakeholders to decrease European dependency on finite and imported, apatite-based P, national dissemination forums were organised.
Partner in projects H2020:
- “Market ready technologies for P-recovery from municipal wastewater” – P recovery technology was developed and implement in German wastewater treatment plant;
- “Circular Cities – Comprehensive solutions in cities – water, waste, energy” – summer school for 50 students on adaptation of water, waste (including sewage) and energy management in cities to sustainable development and circular economy.
Information on participation in expert and competition teams
- Member of the Interministerial Working Group for the Circular Economy (CE) – participation in the work on the Roadmap Transformation towards the circular economy in Poland, approved by the Council of Ministers in September 2019, participation in 2016 – 2017. Unit: Ministry of Development (formerly: Ministry of Entrepreneurship and Technology)
- Member of the KIS 10 Working Group – Modern technologies of obtaining, processing and using natural resources and producing their substitutes (SUR), 2017. Unit: Ministry of Development (formerly: Ministry of Entrepreneurship and Technology)
- Expert at the Polish Center for Accreditation – assessment of inspection units for compliance with the PN-EN ISO / IEC 17020 standard and the General Verification Protocol – Pilot Program of Environmental Technology Verification (ETV) in the area of IETV.1 technologies, cleaning and water monitoring and IETV.2 materials, waste and resources, from 2017. Unit: Polish Center for Accreditation (PCA)
- Expert in the field of science – evaluation of project applications under the Intelligent Development Operational Program 2014-2020, from 2018. Unit: Foundation for Polish Science (FNP)
- Expert in the Smart Growth Program – evaluation of project applications under the Intelligent Development Operational Program 2014-2020, from 2018. Unit: National Center for Research and Development (NCBiR)
- Expert in Research Executive Agency (REA), European Commission (EC), evaluation of project applications in the section Food security, sustainable agriculture and forestry, marine, maritime and inland water research and the bioeconomy and internship applications as part of Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) Individual Fellowships (IF), in the Research and Innovation Framework Program for 2014-2020 Horizon 2020, from 2019. Unit: European Commission (EC)