LIFE is the EU’s financial instrument supporting environmental, nature conservation and climate action projects throughout the EU. For the 2014-2020 funding period, LIFE will contribute approximately €3.4 billion to the protection of the environment and climate.
Anyone registered in the EU can make a proposal for LIFE funding, while project partners can come also from outside the EU, provided that the coordinating beneficiary is based in the programme area. A call for proposals is published every year.
The priority areas of the LIFE programme are:
- LIFE Nature & Biodiversity
- LIFE Environment & Resource Efficiency
- LIFE Environmental Governance & Information
- LIFE Climate Change Mitigation
- LIFE Climate Change Adaptation
- LIFE Climate Governance and Information