The long-term regional cooperation of the Baltic Sea countries is one of the best examples of coordinated environmental work in the world, and actions to prevent and remediate negative impacts are on the forefront of our cooperation. This has enabled our region to also become a forefront of scientific innovation, especially in the water and wastewater sector.
PhD student at the Institute of Chemistry, University of Tartu
Previous international projects:
- Efficient sludge management in wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs)
- Nutrient reduction and recycling from wastewater and sludge
- Hazardous substances in the WWTP outputs (heavy metals, pharmaceutical residues, other organic substrates)
- Deammonification process application
- Biodegradable streams, bioenergy production and utilisation